SWEET 'MEAT' LOAF
CINNAMON SWIRL LOAF
Like many other spices out there, the taste of cinnammon is acceptable... at best. People would either loathe the peculiar taste or absolutely adores it. But hey! If you are the latter than perhaps you should try our recipe of our twist of sweet 'meat' loaf with a touch of goat's milk!
Prep: 15 minuets
Cooking time: 1 Hour 20 minutes
Serving size: 8
1 1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
3 tsps gluten-free baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup Karihome goat's milk (see tip)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsps cinnamon
1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted (optional)
20g Butter, softened
1 tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 160° Lightly grease a 1Ocm x 20cm loaf pan.
2. Sift flours, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt into a large bowl. After that, add caster sugar inside the mix and stir it thoroughly.
3. In a jug, combine milk and oil. Make a well in the flour mixture. Gently stir in the milk mixture until combined (do not over-mix). Set aside for 5 mins.
4. Dust a sheet of baking paper with gluten-free flour. Roll out the dough into a 20cm x 25cm rectangle. In a small bowl,mix the extra caster sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the dough.
5. Roll up from one long side, using baking paper and a knife to enclose filling. Trim paper and transfer to pan.
6. Bake 1 hour and 20 mins. Cover with foil if it browns too fast.
7. After baking, cool down the mixture in a pan, then transfer to a rack to cool.
1. In a bowl, combine icing sugar,butter and boiling water,stirring until smooth. Drizzle icing over cooled bread.